Producing a high quality video is critical to increasing viewers’ engagement. A good video/audio quality is essential to a good mini-course experience.
This IS an important part of our quality review process.
- Lecture Length: We recommend that Mini-courses lessons will last between 5-7 minutes
- Video Settings: HD video (720p minimum) with clear lighting, composition, and a steady camera exported in 16:9 format. These settings will ensure that your lessons are mobile optimized for mobile devices.
- Lighting: Bright and balanced, with minimal shadows. The sunny outdoors it recommended.
- Framing: Use a clean, uniform, and non-distracting backdrop. The background should contrast with the filmed subjects, so that the trainer and dog stands out.
- File size: No larger than 1.0 GB. Compatible file types include mp4, .mov, and .wmv
- Mobile Friendly: Featured text is large enough to read on a smaller screen.
- Engagement: Use direct eye contact. Record as though you were speaking with close friends.
Before you record all of your lessons, submit a test video and have a dog.mini-course team review your video and audio recording settings to ensure you are set up for success in the Quality Review Process at dog.mini-courses.com.
Minimum requirements to pass our Quality Review Process
- Videos must be shot in HD (720p minimum) with clear lighting, framing, and steady camera.
- Videos must also include high-quality audio.
- courses must be between 2 and 7 minutes long.
- Exported slide presentations with audio narration will not be approved.